Thursday, July 10, 2008

mark driscoll - God transforms



link. you can also download this and other sermons as audio.

Bluntly put, I've been ignoring God a bit lately. I felt very convicted of this, and also so sad and alone, and have made efforts to change that [the ignoring bit] as of yesterday. Today in the free time I had before and between classes I listened to this sermon. It just reinforced how I've been choosing homework, even, over God! I know that I certainly need to hear something like this on a regular basis. What am I choosing to make most important in my life? How do I spend my free time? Although much of my free time has been spent doing homework over the last four weeks, I also regularly watch at least 30 minutes of Saved by the Bell in the morning, and some TV at night. I'm definitely nixing TV in the morning. At night, I don't want to be comfortable - I want to be challenged; I want growth; I want to better know the Lord of the Universe! I can't do any of these things on my own and I just pray for strength and praise God for caring and loving about me so much that he would remind me of these things and more.

I know this sermon is long (70 minutes?) but think about it. Do you have 70 minutes of free time in your day? I have a 15 minute walk to class, then an hour break for lunch, then at least 20 more minutes of walking after that before I get home. That was plenty of time for me to listen to this sermon and some of another. Perhaps your day includes a commute to school or work, or a time when you relax after work/school before doing other things. Is that time being used to worship God?

PS. I know that many of you aren't like me and already do these things, different things, etc. and more. Would you be willing to share with me what some things are that you do on your commute to work or school?

Also - Mark's sermon is not necessarily about time management, if that is putting you off from it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.