I really, really, really like lists. I make some everyday - things to do, things to buy, things to write about, things to read, things to watch (yesterday...).
This is a list of stuff I would like to do/see before I go be with Jesus:
Climb Mt. Fuji (08/2003)
Walk on the Great Wall of China (11/3/2007)
Go to Tienanmen Square (11/2/2007)
Go skydiving
Run 5 miles (I have to start small... currently I'd die after one)
Ride in a helicopter
Paint a room or a house
Tile something
Drive a ski-doo
Drive a sea-doo
Deep-sea fishing
Ice fishing
Go on a cruise (Miami, FL; Nassau, Bahamas; San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands - 03/2008)
Visit: Egypt, Israel, South Korea, Italy, Greece, the Vatican, Switzerland, France, Scotland,
China (08/2007-12/2007),
Japan (08/2003-07/2004), Thailand, Laos, Vietnam
Go to all 50 states for more than a layover: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California,
Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware,
Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho,
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine,
Maryland, Massachusetts,
Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi,
Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York,
North Carolina, North Dakota,
Ohio,
Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming,
District of Columbiagraduate from
high school (06/2006),
college (informally, whenever I get done with Russian, formally, 8/24/2008), and seminary (expected May/June 2011)
get a PhD? (2015?)
Adopt a child
Write a book
Learn to ride a motorcycle
Ride a Ducati
Live on a kibbutz for a month or two
Be in a choir (...me=not a good singer)
Get married
Drive a Lamborghini (pray to God that it doesn't catch on fire, as they tend to, while I'm in it)
Have a pet blowfish
3 comments:
This is a great list! Very impressive. (And you've already done tons more than I have.) (I like the strike-outs, too. Nice touch.)
You should tag Rilla for skydiving, by the way.
Oh, and maybe (at least) hold off on that book writing till I get one under my belt. Pretty please?
:)
wow you've done alot
driving across country is a great way to get some states and states of mind under your belt.* And you could feasibly drive to, say, California, and then go deep-sea fishing.**
*Some road trip states of mind include:
-The initial optimism that this is going to be the best, most character-revealing, transcendental three days of our lives.
-Contempt for every song with notes or selected by someone other than you
-The quassi-realization that you are in a transcendental state between awake and whatever the word is for forty-eight hours of fake sleeping on duffel bags.
-Sleep. Glorious, No-showers-in-three-days, rest stop sleep.
**deep-sea fishing is a lot like regular fishing, but with a boat and sea-sickness.
Post a Comment