Tuesday, July 29, 2008

ADVENTURE

Yesterday instead of doing Russian homework (which I really need to do considering there are only a few days left for me to get all the tests done...) Sarah and I decided to venture down High Street. We walked to three different Asian markets. There we saw this:



It's coconut jelly. Looks pretty innocent, right? Think again. The main ingredient is "shredded gelatinous mutant coconut". I don't think I want to eat that. :(

On the way back we decided to get ice cream. We went to a place called Denise's. They had a million flavors and they all sounded sooo delicious, unlike Jeni's, which is really great, but has so many funky flavors that I have to try 5 or 15 before I find one I like. I tried salty caramel, cucumber, and carrot cake. Eventually I decided on getting a half scoop of thin mint oreo and a half scoop of carrot cake.



The carrot cake ice cream was really great. It had that fabulous spice flavor that I love so much.

Sarah had a lychee ice cream float in blackberry syrup flavored italian soda. It was really awesome. I tried to get some blackberry syrup at World Market today but they didn't have any. Sad face :(

Today I woke up at 7:30 AM to get my sister from golf a bit later... Then I unsuccessfully tried to nap at my parents house (I fell asleep after 3 AM) before going to Cap City Diner with my grandparents. I love them. And the food was good.

Now I'm bumming around because I am super tired. Maybe I should nap. But, I hate naps. But I really need to get Russian done. I have only the days and months to memorize and then a BUNCH of review to do before I can do the tests. Hopefully I pass...! WOO HOO.

After church on Sunday was great fun. Our waiter at Applebee's was a cool dude named Sean. He is actually a minister at the Catholic church that I could basically fall out my window onto (well... it's across the street). A bunch of us went to another place after Applebee's and hung out, and Sean came.

Now... NAPPY NAPPY TIME. Or maybe I will avoid napping and studying by cleaning and packing. I like that idea.

3 comments:

Jim said...

"shredded gelatinous mutant coconut". Sounds like a bottle full of surprises >_<. "warning, consuming this product may cause mutant attributes"

Angel Surdin said...

* Good luck with that Russian!

* Denise's is the best! Aaron loves that carrot cake flavor, by the way.

* I hate naps as well. But I also envy people who can take a good nap. I usually only nap if I'm sick.

Kirsi said...

angel: thanks! i passed russian with an A-, which is nice (I got minus 5% for not meeting their deadline. oh well... it's for one credit hour...).

oh man, i really loved the carrot cake flavor too. i want some. XD

me too (naps when sick).

jim: maybe. my dad told me yesterday about a chinese chemist at osu that called engineered genes "mutant genes". i think that whatever the chinese are translating into english as "mutant" needs to be looked at again...