Thursday, August 14, 2008

first day as a seminary student!

1) My evangelism prof seems fantastic... today he shared with us how he got to where he is now, as a professor at Southeastern. His story was a beautiful story of redemption and the love of Jesus Christ, his heart for the lost, and his love for his wife. It was really amazing; seriously, I teared up in class.

2) My OT prof was wearing slacks, a nice shirt and tie, and Crocs. It made me smile. We started class with a hymn that nobody knew.

*One time I wore Crocs. They were so amazingly comfortable! I don't know why everyone thinks they are so ugly. If I see some on sale somewhere I will probably buy them. :P

3) Christina (part of the worship team at newLife-osu) was right. There are people at seminary that are there to get ahead, that are nasty/mean/unloving, self-centered, etc. It makes me sad.

*Not that I am not a terrible person, undeserving of everything, saved only by the radical grace of Jesus Christ.

I ordered some furniture for my bedroom from Ikea today. I am viewing it as an investment - hopefully I will get many good years of use from it. This weekend I'm hitting up some garage sales to get things like silverware, dishes, a dining room table and chairs, and maybe a sofa. I'll have to find someone with a truck and convince them to go with me...

Another thought: mayonnaise tastes weird. Before when I made chickpea salad (tastes like egg salad), I used Miracle Whip. I didn't realize that it made it slightly sweet. At least, I think that's what it was. In any case, I added some powdered sugar to the chickpea salad to make it less salty/biting (I can't find the words to describe the taste).

Now I'm going to read more of Blue Like Jazz; I'm loving it so far. Next is "Questioning Evangelism" by Randy Newman. I've wanted to read this book for a while, but now I get to read it for my evangelism class! Sometimes I just don't know how to talk to people about Jesus and I think that reading about it will really help me.

No comments: