me: well, I'm from Ohio.
her: Oh, I'm from Michigan!
him: Do you have Baptist churches in Ohio?
me: yes.
her: they are everywhere, you know.
him: man, they should build a fence around wake forest.
me: why's that?
him: to keep all the Christians in.
me: what grievances do you have against Christians?
him: well pull up a chair. Christians scares the h*** out of me. First, they don't oppose the war. Second, they are extremely sexist. They edit the Bible. (and he goes on)
(then I had to run off and get food)
(eventually he asked me to bring him water and turn it into wine)
yikes. I am really sad I didn't get a chance to further talk to this guy. It seems like he had a bad experience... I think he grew up in the Catholic church because he did that cross thingy once. Yeah... And this guy LOOKED angry and was talking really angry. Very confrontational. I wish I could have talked to him... :(
Had a good conversation with my boss tonight about how he feels about the Catholic church. He recommended that I listen to a sermon (? or... speech rather I guess) by a now Catholic, former Protestant theologian. I was going to, but I forgot his name...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment