1) Every once in a while I feel like listening to 50 Cent and Justin Timberlake (“She wants it”). With a title like that, I think it's “worldly” and with language “she wants it like a nympho” [!! I can't believe they play this stuff on the radio for kids...] and various swear words, I know it is. I wish JT would get to know Jesus and write music about Him, and dance like he does for the glory of God...! :)
2) Banks employ cool people. I was scared about getting in with a new bank (I chose Wachovia) because the people at Ohio Bank (then Sky Bank, now part of Huntington) were so nice and awesome and personally knew me. But the guy I met at Wachovia was nice. The only thing that bothered me was the required greeting “Welcome to Wachovia!”. I heard it about 10 times when I was there.
3) The shopping center where Wachovia (and it seems like, all other banks in Wake Forest) is located is just a terrible location. It took at least 7 minutes to turn left from that road (New Falls of Neuse Road... lol) onto Capital Boulevard.
4) People on Capital drive like they hate the world and have to get someone really quick or their family will all be murdered.
5) I love Jesus.
1.Last night when I was reading I was reading one of Emily's favorite Psalms (it was at least a few months ago), Psalm 73, somehow I got onto reading some other Psalms, particularly 62 and 63... They hit me in just the right way. I think Psalm 63 might pretty well sum up what the author of “The Shack” was getting at (what we need to do): Thirst after God and meditate on His strength and glory and praise Him because He is our God and satisfies us and reconciled us back to Himself... Last week in chapel we sang “In Christ Alone” and seriously, it was really rousing... “I am at rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I will never be shaken... Rest in God alone, my soul, for my hope comes from Him... Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour your hearts before Him. God is our refuge” (Psalm 62:1-2, 6, 8). Amen.
6) Lately I've been reading the HCSB. I think that the NLT (what I mostly read) is better for reading aloud (than say like, the NIV), but as I learn a little bit more about Greek and Hebrew and how things are translated, I see that the NLT words things in a more roundabout/confusing way. Take for example Romans 8:30: “And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And having called them, he gave them right standing with himself. And having given them right standing, he gave them his glory” (NLT). HCSB says “And those He predestined, He also called; and those He called, He also justified; and those He justified, He also glorified”. Uhm... I like the NASB better still... by also, where most translations say “by faith” the NLT goes around in a way that says “because of their faith,” “through faith,” etc., all of which I think make are not nearly as clear as by faith and can lead to meanings totally off from what the original meaning/s is/are (one verse you can compare with is Romans 4:11).
7) I started reading “The Gun Seller” by Hugh Laurie (yeah... Dr. House. My older little sister got it for me last Christmas and I figure I should read it before this Christmas, haha. It's hilarious so far. His humor reminds me of... myself. It's a bit hard to read though because those British people are so convoluted and use strange words and strange sentence construction.
8) Jesus has been changing my heart in a really awesome way lately and it's awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment