Monday, September 8, 2008

on life

Sometimes I crack myself up. This afternoon I called a couple about their small group and got the husband, so I talked to him a bit and he said his wife would call me later. She did, but I didn't realize it.

My ringtone is "Awesome God" and I was walking around my house cleaning a bit when I started singing along, "our God is an awesome God, He reigns..." and totally didn't realize that 1) I started singing because my phone was ringing and 2) that music just started playing. My life has a soundtrack! Man, I love Jesus.

Today I saw a cute black kitty (well, cat) traipsing about our parking lot. I decided tot try to lure the kitty with some Chick-fil-a chicken (went there for lunch today with my friend, who is awesome, and I think I'm going to adopt him as my brother, but he doesn't know it yet), but it didn't work. Eventually one of my neighbors came out and he offered to give me a box. I tried to call animal control but they aren't open... so the poor kitty will wander around outside. :(

There is a pet store down the street from school. It is a crazy seafoam green and pink building so I've wanted to go there. They have all sorts of things, like a barracuda, and HUGE parrots, and tarantulas and scorpions and all sorts of lizards and snakes. And then I turned around and realized that the huge thing behind me was a cage, for a yellow (albino) burmese python that is at least fifteen or twenty feet long and probably close to a foot wide... it was awesome. They feed it rabbits, and breed with it. Next time I go in I'm going to ask how they do that. Apparently they sell her babies. And then people let them go usually when they are too big. I would be so scared if I randomly saw a 20 foot python in the wild.. then I'd prolly try to pet it. :P

I want a snake. If I move outside of school housing it will be to a place that will let me have a ball python or something...

No comments: