Thursday, December 4, 2008

it's been a long time

I haven't posted in a long time. I withdrew from classes and just quit my job so I lead quite the leisurely life... which is driving me insane. Anyhow, I do appreciate the many opportunities I've had to fellowship with all my friends here. Just this morning I had a friend over for a yummy breakfast and another friend came over and we had fun eating carrots and chatting. I made some carrot cake cupcakes for a dinner I'm going to tonight and then I ... made a copycat of the Starbucks Salty Caramel Hot Chocolate!!


I really don't like the signature hot chocolate blend (it's... liquid chocolate; quite strong) so I don't make any fancy hot chocolate, but I add caramel syrup, put whipped cream on top (joey whipped some up for me), with some caramel, fine sea salt... and just a sprinkle of cinnamon, to be adventurous.

Lately I've also made delicious cranberry-lemon scones (fresh cranberries of course), and later today or tomorrow I'll be making a crustless cranberry-blueberry pie. And next week I'll try making a cranberry sauce. Mmm... cranberries = delicious.

Next semester I will probably take classes. I don't want to. I do want to read books and learn but I don't want to sit in three-hour long classes or write a bunch of papers. I wish I could find a job. Oh well. I am playing with the idea of returning to college for a BS, in nursing... but who knows. I entertain many ideas..

I read all of the "Twilight" books over break, after I saw the movie. I really enjoyed the first, part of the third, and most of the fourth, however, her writing is sloppy, the plot could have been expanded so much, and I got sick of the werewolves. They annoyed me.

4 comments:

Anne Marie said...

yay! you have a blog, that i juuuust found...
1. your culinary adventures sound (and look) fantastic.
2. i'm glad you dropped your classes, and i'm sure you'll do fine whenever you get back into it.
3. i just read the first twilight book (after seeing the movie) and don't feel like it's good enough to read the next three... entertaining, sure. but not quality writing. no?
4. i haven't hung out with you in forever. let's.

Kirsi said...

1. mmm they usually are fantastic... sometimes there is epic fail, like that awful mac and cheese haha...
2. yeah..
3. mmhmm. i can just tell you everything that happens haha or you could read the wikipedia page. they are quick enough reads that i just decided to finish them. i agree that the writing is definitely not quality. which is a shame. they could be great books... but the second book is especially annoying.
4. yes.

pjlovejoy said...

kirsi-

glad you updated :)

that was actually my LAST day at the terrible job that I hated... I am really glad that it's over now though.

i leave Columbus this Tuesday and for NYC in early January. crazy!

how are you? i see you dropped classes, but are gunna pick 'em up again soon. nice.

-pjl

Anonymous said...

Hurray! A new post =)